New Home, New WindowsNow My Drapes Are Too Short!

Bookmark and Share

We just moved into a new home and I found that my bedroom drapes were a few inches too short. Oh, no! What to do? Lengthen them by adding tabs to the top, of course! So off to the fabric store I went. I cut rectangles of fabric twice the needed length plus about 2, and stitched the sides together. I drew a line 1 from one short end, marked the center of the strip about from the end, then stitched to connect the dots and form a point at the end of each tab. Then I turned them right side out and pressed them.

To apply the gimp trim to the edges, I selected my widest zigzag stitch (9 mm), attached my all-purpose dual feedfoot (BERNINA Reverse Pattern Foot 1D), and engaged the BERNINA Dual Feed on my BERNINA 830. If you dont have an 8 Series machine with Dual Feed, use a walking foot instead (BERNINA Walking Foot 50).

Stitching the trim in place with a 9 mm zigzag stitch was a snap using BERNINA Dual Feed.

No stretching, no shifting! (No ripping!)

How easy was that?!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment